December 8, 2008

Elmo Cupcakes

My son's second birthday was this weekend and he has two loves in his life: Elmo and Thomas the Train. Having just moved across town and spend a hectic week unpacking my house, I knew I needed a quick birthday project this year. After imagining myself making a 3-D Thomas cake with accompanying Annie and Clarabel passenger cars....I opted for some Elmo cupcakes. And it was definitely a wise choice because my two year old could really care less.

Red, white, orange, and black frosting. Star tip cupcake with red. Add white eyes and orange nose. Finish off with black mouth and dots for eyes.

This is a song....la la la la....Elmo cupcake song....
(those with toddlers know what this means)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome cupcakes!! I bet he loved them. Great idea to have an adult cake too. Happy birthday Austin, we love you!

Jeni said...

Ok, these are seriously cute. Did you think of this idea by yourself??

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!!!! You are so talented!!! Oh, wish I would've been there. Ethan would have loved them!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are SO cut Brit! We got your Christmas card today and it was adorable :) Would you mind if I added your blog to a list on my new one, the-green-tangerine.blogspot.com? (It's replacing my how-to) I am using it as part of my art portfolio I'm turning in and it would be awesome if you could take a look at it! Happy Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails