February 8, 2012

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

The Forgotten GardenThe Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved and hated this book at the same time.  I loved it because it was interesting, the plot, mystery, and story really kept me riveted.  The writing was excellent.  Each chapter would start at a different point in time, anywhere from the early 1900s all the way to early 2000s.  Despite the major time changes between chapters, following various family members over a period of 200 years, I had no trouble keeping up and followed right along.  Not easy to write a book that way.  I loved the fairy tales written by the "Authoress" as well.  I hated all of the characters except Cassandra though.  They were all rather nasty pieces of work...or had so many nasty things happen to them that they became jaded over time.  If you like the Downton Abbey series on PBS, this is the book for you.  There is no "heroine" really, except for Cassandra, and there is drama in spades...in every time period along the way.  A great book club pick, lots to discuss.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Grammie Star Wars said...

You a book lover for sure ;.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails