April 11, 2012

Book Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed (Matched, #2)Crossed by Ally Condie

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The first book in this series was fun and interesting.  It's a three part series and this is the second book.  The second book in a trilogy tends to be the "filler" book, and this was no exception.  Cassia and Ky have been sent to the outer provinces to work, or in Ky's case, to possibly be killed.  Life is hard and friends are lost along the way.  Discoveries are made and they begin to understand better how their society became the way it is.  Chapters alternate between Cassia's and Ky's narratives.  It's hard to remember who is talking sometimes unless I was really paying attention and reminding myself.  A lot of "oh, I miss Ky" and "oh, I miss Cassia", which is fine...the first 20 times...and then I'm done hearing about how much you miss each other.  The book ends with a cliffhanger, of course, as almost all second books do, involving Cassia, Ky, and Xander.  I will read the third to see what happens, although I think I have a pretty good idea of how it's all going to play out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails