September 8, 2012

Book Review: The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riodan

The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3)The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Sadie and Carter must save the world once again!  The dark forces of Chaos are gathering and the Kane siblings, along with their small band of fellow magicians, Egyptian gods, and a large baboon are struggling to hold the world together (literally).  Can Sadie and Carter suppress Chaos once and for all...and save those they love....or will they die trying?

I loved this concluding book in the Kane Chronicles.  The Percy Jackson books are still #1, but these were a lot of fun and I really grew to like the narrative style, switching the point of view back and forth between Sadie and Carter.  I appreciated the touches of romance throughout the book and totally called it on Sadie's little love triangle.  I liked how the author was able to solve that seemingly impossible mess and that Carter was able to have a little resolution as well.  I loved the Egyptian god characters, some of them were hilarious.  I laughed out loud several times with all of the books.  Khufu, the crazy baboon, was my favorite character out of everyone though.  His comic relief, fighting skills, and eating habits never disappoint.  Highly recommend these and will be buying them for my boys to read someday.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails