May 15, 2013

Disney DIY Autograph Book

We recently returned from our very successful and incredibly fun trip to Disneyland!  My boys had so much fun and we are already talking about when we can go back again.  I knew my oldest would probably really enjoy meeting some of the characters and getting their autographs, so before we left on our trip, I purchased a standard sketch book from Joann's in their art supplies section.  It was less than $10 and I probably used a coupon.  I liked this particular sketch book because it was spiral bound for easy page turning and page removal if needed, had a nice hard cover that could withstand being shoved into bags and strollers, and it was a good size for attaching 4x6 pictures to the opposite pages of our autographs.

I used my Silhouette to cut out the word in white vinyl.  The font is Waltograph and can be downloaded HERE, free for personal use.


 While waiting in line for our turn with the character, we would choose the page we wanted them to sign.  I brought along a retractable Sharpie marker.  It was nice not to have to worry about a pen cap and the characters usually have on thick gloves, so a bigger writing utensil is easier for them to manage.  (The Princesses don't have as hard of a time signing, but as you can imagine, my boys weren't terribly interested in seeing any of them.)

Here's Pluto signing our book.  He had the hardest time signing anything due to his large nose.


 After the character signs your book, you can pose for a picture or two.



After we arrived home, I printed off all of our character photos and glued them into the book next to the signature.  The boys love to look through it.  We probably only got a dozen signatures and there are lots more pages in our book.  We are thinking of adding to it throughout the years.  We will add to our autographs with new characters' signatures, but will probably get some of our favorites, like Mickey Mouse, again too.  We can compare how much the boys have grown and have a wonderful book of memories for our family to look back on in between visits.

We Love Disneyland!




2 comments:

balloongal said...

Great great great idea.

Grammie Star Wars said...

I want to make one of those or more ;.)

Nice large paper for signatures ;.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails