May 14, 2013

Book Review: Reached by Ally Condie

Reached (Matched, #3)Reached by Ally Condie

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The concluding book in the three part Matched series.  I loved the first book and found it very entertaining and interesting.  The second book was a filler book if there ever was one.  This final book just petered out the story, although it did have a nice, complete conclusion.  The characters all seemed very hollow, not real or dynamic in my opinion.  The story itself was lackluster and I found myself bored and only reading to just find out what happened to everybody in the end.  The prose of the book was very lovely and there were some moments that were profound and even pretty, but the story was so weak that it wasn't enough to make up for it.  Glad I read the first one, wished it hadn't been made into a series so I could have enjoyed the beginning, untainted.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails