October 4, 2010

Candy Corn Wreath

A friend of mine invited me over to make a candy corn wreath the other day.  These wreaths are super easy to make and can create a big impact.


This wreath was made following the instructions from the Woman's Day magazine.  Perhaps you've seen the cover of their magazine at the grocery store with this wreath on it?  Anyway, click HERE for all of the supplies and instructions.  I was lucky in that my friend went and picked up all the supplies and all I had to do was tape and glue away.


The trick is figuring out how to keep the bugs away from the candy for long term display and storage.  I don't know about the storage part yet, but you can read about different ways to preserve your wreath HERE.  I couldn't find the preservative spray that the website talked about, so I tried to find something similar.  I picked up this can at my local Walmart.


I laid my wreath on an old piece of carpet and sprayed at least 4 coats on, allowing each coat to dry before spraying again.  I liked the spray, it coated well and didn't make the wreath shiny, which I didn't want.  Only time will tell how it holds up though.

I may change my ribbon out, but this is what I had at my house.  I chose to hang my wreath inside because my front door gets a lot of direct sunlight and we have some pretty warm weather here still.  Don't want my candy corn to melt!  Have fun with this project, I sure did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I finished mine yesterday and I loved it .. until I put mod podge all over it. I thought that's what Emylee said to do. NOT A GOOD IDEA. It looks like I spilled glue all over it. All the mod podge got stuck in all the cracks and under and around all the candy corn. I might have to start over. I'm SO bummed! I should have just got some spray like you did. Oh well.

balloongal said...

That is so cool. I love the look of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails