September 18, 2012

Book Review: Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Firelight (Firelight, #1)Firelight by Sophie Jordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Jacinda is a draki, a dragon that can change into human form, and there are very few of her kind left on the earth. They are hunted mercilessly and, due to a mistake on Jacinda's part, she and her mother and sister must go into hiding in the human world.  Jacinda is not happy hiding out, but finds solace and romance with Will, a boy that turns out to be the one person she should definitely not fall in love with, for Will is a draki hunter.

I didn't think I would like this book so much by reading the excerpt, assuming it was just another forbidden love/Romeo and Juliet/Twilight copy cat.  It did have those elements at times, but the draki idea was a fresh concept and the author does a good job of describing being a dragon, the feeling of flying, and how much it means to Jacinda.  I could have done with a lot less of the love sick teenager monologue in the middle of the book, and Jacinda's mom really bugged me, but the ending picking things back up for me and I am looking forward to seeing what happens to Jacinda and Will in the upcoming series.  



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails