December 20, 2012

80 Years of Memories Box

My amazing Grandma turned 80 this year.  My mom and siblings threw her a big birthday bash the week of Thanksgiving.  I was unable to attend, but still wanted to do something for her birthday.  I saw this fabulous idea HERE and knew she would love to hear from all of her family and friends on her special day.

So, the planning began.  I wrote a letter and gathered emails and addresses to contact all of her family and friends, asking them to contribute to this gift.  I had a lot of help from my mom and aunts collecting contact information, thank you so much!  Soon, my inbox and mailbox were full of memories and birthday wishes for my Grandma.  It was a lot of fun reading all of the things people remember and admire about her.  I enjoyed making this as much as she did receiving it, I'm sure.
 
I ordered some envelopes online and attached vinyl numbers, 1 through 80.   I also bought a nice box that fit all of the envelopes perfectly.


My aunt took it down to her for me and I heard that she loved it!  I'm hoping to get some pictures of her receiving the gift soon.  Since I wasn't there, I charged others with taking some photos for me.  Happy Birthday, Grandma!  80 years young!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails