August 15, 2011

Stool Makeover

We have this stool from IKEA, don't know if they even make it anymore, that my boys use all the time.  Washing hands, reaching things in the cupboards, putting away dishes, and making cookies with Mom.  It's very functional, but I wanted it to be a little less boring.

This was my first project priming and painting furniture with spray paint.  Easy and I'm glad I tried on a small piece in case I messed up.  It's not perfect, but I learned a lot and feel more confident trying a bigger piece now.  I've got at least three ugly dressers that may be seeing some spray paint soon.

A little vinyl, a coat or two of Modge Podge, and we are ready to go.  My boys love dogs.  They love to pretend they are dogs and they play with stuffed dogs all the time.  We will not be getting a dog anytime soon, not my thing, but my kids love their new stool and the nod to the puppies they adore so much.

In addition to all its other functions, it's become a favorite thinking spot for the three year old.

2 comments:

Grammie Star Wars said...

So cute!!!

Love the Paws ;.)

balloongal said...

I also love the paws. Great for little kids. Well done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails