May 15, 2012

Book Review: Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! by Fannie Flag

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! by Fannie Flagg

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A story of Dena Nordstrom, a successful TV anchorwoman in the 70's, living in New York City.  Dena seems to have it all together, but her life is filled with mystery and unanswered questions from her childhood.  With the help of friends and some funny, quirky family members, Dena is able to uncover the past and find the answers she is looking for. 

I really liked the book while I was reading it.  I was intrigued by the story and wanted to know the answers to the mystery of Dena's mom.  When all was revealed, however, I was a little disappointed and wanted to say, "Yeah, right...that's it?"  I don't know, it just seemed a little unbelievable to me.  The characters were extremely well developed though and it carried the story forward.  I liked the characters so much that I was willing to look past the slow parts and the unsatisfying resolution.  This very well may be something do with me and others may not feel the same about the ending...read it for yourself and don't necessarily take my word for it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails