May 16, 2012

Watercolor Card with Quote

Watercolor card with quote

I made a big mistake a couple of weeks ago.  One of my YW was in a theatrical production of Pride and Prejudice, playing Kitty Bennett.  I was so excited to not only go see her, but I'm a big Jane Austen fan and wanted to see the play.  Well, I thought I knew where the play was (a local community college)...I don't need to look for directions...it will be fine.  Turns out, I had the right college, just the wrong location (they have a couple in the area).  I misapplied my good sense big time.  The other college location was miles away...we would never make it in time.  We missed the play and I am still kicking myself for it.  I made a little "I'm sorry I'm an idiot" card for the little starlet and her family...along with the money for the tickets that we never got to use.  Awesome.

The silver lining to all of this is I got to make a cute card.  My mind is spinning with the possibilities of quotes with a little watercolor in the background.  I would really like to develop my calligraphy/handwriting more too.  The wheels are turning...

Oh, and I will ALWAYS be double checking directions and addresses from now on.  Lesson learned.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails