October 27, 2008

Pomegranate Soda

I made this delicious drink for a YW sleepover and we liked it so much that we made some more in the morning for breakfast!

2 cups sugar
1 cup pomegranate juice
club soda, for serving
maraschino cherries
ice

In a small saucepan, combine sugar and juice, bring to a boil over high, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Reduce to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes. Remove from stove and cool until room temperature. Store in fridge for up to a week.

To serve, fill glass with ice. Pour 2 tablespoons of syrup in glass and top with club soda to taste. Stir until combined. Garnish with cherries and enjoy!

This is very yummy and easy. I will definitely be making it again. I think I want to try it with 7-up or Sprite next time too, as long as it doesn't make it too sweet. Experiment with this and let me know what you think!
(recipe from Martha Stewart's Everday Food magazine)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails