February 16, 2012

Book Review: Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale

Midnight in AustenlandMidnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Oh, how I wanted to LOVE this book!  The sequel to Hale's original and hilarious Austenland.  Although good to read in order, the stories are not so intertwined that you wouldn't know what was going on in this one.

Love the setting and plot line, but found the characters a bit hard to connect with, didn't feel super excited about any of them.  The mystery was fun, but a bit drawn out for me.  Liked the resolution and really enjoyed the heroine's gumption with her ex in the end.  I will still read Hale and recommend her to everyone willing to listen, just not my favorite of her works.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails