April 24, 2012

iPad Case for My Mama

I made this iPad case for my mom for Mother's Day.  She is going to England with her sisters and mom (yes, completely jealous) and thought she may want a case with some padding for her iPad.  It has interfacing and a couple of layers of quilt batting.  Now, she can put it in her carry-on or purse and not have worry about it being scratched or bumped.

A little heat transfer monogram, in one of her favorite fonts (Zephyr).

A burst of stripey color inside.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the iPad.  I made it to fit the dimensions of an iPad 2 and she has the original, which is slightly wider and thicker.  I wanted it to be snug, but it's a bit too much.  Back to the drawing board.  Luckily, it didn't take very long to make and now she can pick out the color/fabric since she already knows the gift.  I was doubting my dimensions, so I mailed it to her early to test it out.  Good thing I did, her trip is right after Mother's Day, so now I can get another one shipped off before she heads overseas.

Happy Mother's Day!...I'll be mailing you another soon.

7 comments:

Grammie Star Wars said...

Darling idea!

Many may come to you for more and one for them also ;.)

youngnhappy said...

I'd love to adapt this for my Kindle!

Machelle Kay said...

Love it.

balloongal said...

Those things do happen, don't they? It's a good thing you tested early.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nice post, I like it so much! This ipad case is so beautiful!!!


ipad 3 covers

Unknown said...

Hi Brittney,

I really like your crafts and would love to feature them on AllFreeKidsCrafts.com. If you are interested, please contact me at jholtzman@primecp.com.

Best,

Jaclyn

Related Posts with Thumbnails