May 17, 2012

Book Review: Yearning for the Living God by F. Enzio Busche

Yearning for the Living God: Reflections from the Life of F.Yearning for the Living God: Reflections from the Life of F. by F. Enzio Busche

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved this book.  The memoirs of F. Enzio Busche, his amazing life growing up in WWII Germany and his conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Many wonderful (and some amazing) stories of his leadership in the church during the rebuilding years of post-war Germany.  As he recalls many experiences and stories from his life, the overall theme of the book comes through: there is a real, living, loving, caring God who desires a personal relationship with you.  I copied out several quotes into my journal.

Although the writing isn't the best I've ever read, the style lends itself to the memoir genre and gives some of the almost unbelievable stories some credibility in a strange way.  Like if I friend were just causally relating a story to you in your living room instead of a career author or public speaker telling you a tall tale.

Loved it.  Read it if you get the chance.  I might pick up a copy for myself to reread someday.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails