April 16, 2011

Book Review: Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I can't believe it's taken me this long to read this series, but here I am, finally getting around to it.  I liked this book and would give it 2.5 stars.  The book took too long to get going for me, but you have to keep in mind the target audience that this book is written for...and that is not me.  A cute story about a brother and sister who go visit their grandparents in the middle of nowhere, only to discover a whole fantasy world right outside their back door.  I have heard that the series matures and gets better and better with each book, much like Harry Potter.  I am willing to read on if that is the case.  If my kids get into Harry Potter someday, then this would be another series that would be fun for them to read as well.  I think I'm going to take a break for now, but will probably come back to this series in the near future.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails