June 21, 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The saga continues in Victorian England.  Tessa, Jem, and Will, along with the rest of the Shadowhunters at the London Institute are preparing for the wedding, but keeping a close eye out for Mortiman, who seems to be biding his time.  They know he wants Tessa for his own evil scheme, but to what end?  There is the problem of the Gideon brothers and where their loyalty lies as well.  Will's sister is insisting on training, much to Will's disapproval.  Charlotte may be set down at the head of the Institute, if the Clave has anything to say about it.  The exciting conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

I really enjoyed this book.  Things wrapped up nicely and I have always liked these characters and time period.  I like this series more than the Mortal Instruments because it isn't as gory, since the demons they are fighting are almost all robotic.  Less blood and guts, more gears and oil.  Glad I stuck this one out, I could see myself reading these again someday.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails