June 16, 2013

Book Review: The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1)The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is one in a million and I am looking forward to reading more in this series.  The best way I can describe it is a cross between Monty Python, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and classic literature.  Someone has stolen the original manuscript of "Jane Eyre" and is starting to change the beloved story.  If a change is made in the original, than all other books are affected accordingly.  It's up to the Literary Detection team to stop this heinous crime.  This book is all over the place and you have to stay on your toes to figure out where (and when) Detective Thursday Next is going....well, next.  My favorite character in this first book is Thursday's father.  I think he is hilarious and hope he plays a more prominent role in the series. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails