August 9, 2010

Closet Organization

This is my nicely organized game/kids craft cabinet in my hallway.  Someday, I'm going to paint or re-stain the cabinet, but that's not what this post is about.  I am helping a dear friend of mine organize her craft/gift closet and I wanted to show her what some great bins can do for a lot of otherwise hard to organize stuff.  My six year old can grab a stool, climb up, and find exactly what he needs now that everything is in its proper place.  I don't have a "before" picture, but trust me, it wasn't pretty, and both my son and I had trouble finding what we needed for play and craft time.

I've got art supplies, wooden "paper" dolls (the one labeled "Joey"), and even a couple of empty containers for when we need to expand.

I found these bins at Walmart and they are perfect for what I need.  They come in a variety of sizes, range in price from $1.50 to $4.50, stack nicely on top of each other, and are easy to open and close.  I hand labeled my bins with some stickers for quick glace, grab, and go access.  My play food bin still needs a label.  That's my newest addition to this cabinet....thanks Grandma!

Stay tuned for the craft/gift closet makeover.  I'm so excited to organize that thing!

3 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh Britt. This is seriously my version of heaven. Looks awesome. Can't wait to do this in our new house when we move.

Summer's Blog said...

LOVE. IT.

So, if I ever win a giveaway, will you come and do this to all of my closets??!? Just wondering... ha ha.

willg said...

You have awesome Closet Organization skills.

Related Posts with Thumbnails