December 12, 2010

Teacher Christmas Gifts

(photos taken with my cell phone due to me accidentally destroying my camera)

Here are our teacher/tutor/speech therapist/supervisor/behaviorist Christmas gifts.  They are finished and ready to be delivered.  For those of you who don't know, I have a child with speech delays (speech therapist).  My middle son has autism and has a team of 14 (yes, 14) different people that work with him on a weekly basis, and my oldest....who has a first grade teacher.

I made 16 of these goodie bags for everyone.  First, the adorable bag bought at Walmart.  Very impressed with their selection this year.  A small chocolate treat, everyone needs chocolate, right? 

I found this great gift idea HERE and decided to go with it.  I bought airtight glass jars and filled them with popcorn kernals.  I made sticker labels for the front, recipe for cinnamon sugar popcorn on the back, and a label for the cinnamon sugar mix off of my computer.

And....of course.  The famous glazed poppy seed bread.  I have already received requests for the recipe.  Sorry, it's top secret.

The best part:  I spent approximately $5 on each goodie bag.  It pays to find the deals, use coupons, and buy in bulk.  Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Waters said...

I really like the teacher gifts, another mental note in my head to come to your blog FIRST anytime I want to do something crafty for someone (or myself).
Seriously, thank you for all these amazing posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails