April 20, 2011

Book Review: Juliet by Anne Fortier

JulietJuliet by Anne Fortier

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a fun, but long book.  I feel this could have been shortened somewhat and still gotten the same amount out of it.  The story of Julie Jones, who discovers that her aunt has been hiding a lot of old family secrets from her and her twin sister.  A trip to Italy brings enlightenment, danger, romance, and a lot of Italian history...especially to the story of Romeo and Juliet.  The book goes back and forth from Julie's present day story and reading notes from a manuscript written in the 1300's about the true story of Romeo and Juliet.  For most of the middle of the book, I was much more interested in the Romeo and Juliet story, as the present day story was dragging along.  The ending was a bit over the top for me, but still fun and who doesn't love a happy ending?  If you are a history buff or really love Shakespeare, this would be a fun one to read.  I want more than ever to visit Italy after reading this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails