April 9, 2011

Book Review: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I loved the Percy Jackson series and was really looking forward to reading this next book by Riordan.  It's the same basic premise of the Percy Jacksons, just with a brother and sister team and Egyptian gods/monsters/magical beings instead of Greek and Roman.  I didn't enjoy this book as much at the Percy Jacksons, but that may be because I am not well acquainted with Egyptian folklore.  The book took a long time to get going in my opinion and, if not for the ending, would have been a bit of a disappointment.  The ending did save it for me though, it was a fun and a bit unpredictable.  Overall, I'm glad I read it and can now recommend it to my boys when they are a little older.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails