January 10, 2012

Milk and Cookies Birthday Party

Two of my boys birthdays are a month and two days apart; one in December before Christmas and one right after New Years.  While they're young, we are doing a combo party in January for both boys.  So far, no one is complaining and it's easier to throw a birthday party after the Christmas holidays.

My 4 year old loves milk and my 5 year old loves cookies.  Only natural to do a milk and cookies party to celebrate what they both love.

Milk bottles with cookies and cream flavor milk straws.  Prize bags filled with cookie making supplies for our cookie contest winners.  In the very back were bags for our guests to take extra cookies home.

The print is from HERE.  Glass jars and cake stands collected through the years.  The cake stands are on inverted glass bowls for a little extra height.  Labels from HERE.

I made sugar cookies with royal icing, my son's favorite chocolate chip cookies, and my favorite chocolate creme filled cookies.  Each family brought a plate of cookies to share as well.  We had LOTS of cookies.

Straws in milkshake glasses

The milk straws are at all of my local grocery stores and come in a variety of flavors.

Cookie mix in a jar party favors.  The polka dot top is a piece of scrapbook paper.  The cookie shaped tags were made on my Silhouette.

Paper cups for the little ones.  Cookie stickers made on my Silhouette and stuck right on the paper cups, so easy.

Carafes for white, chocolate, and strawberry milk.  I thought chocolate milk would be the most popular, but strawberry won out big time. 


Made a small 6 inch cake for each birthday boy.  Cut the cake in half horizontally, filled with some cream cheese frosting, topped with a sugar cookie and cute candles.

Sign made with my Silhouette.  Took me about 15-20 minutes, no joke.  I don't have a use for it anymore, so if anyone wants it, I will mail it to you.  First come, first served.

 My boys had a great time and all the guests seemed to enjoy themselves too.  
Happy Birthday A and T!

And NOW.....2012 can begin for me....whew!

10 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

You always manage to out-do yourself. Good job!!!!! Looks wonderful!

The Allgaiers said...

That has to be one of the cutest ideas I have ever seen!! Love it!

Tiffany said...

I"ve been dying to do a Milk & Cookies party. You did such a great job!!!! Love it all. : )

Michelle said...

Your party looks fantastic. I am doing this theme next month. I would love your milk and cookies sign if you still have it.

Brittney said...

Michelle, I would be happy to send it to you. Please leave me your email address in this comment section.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie said...

Man! That turned out beautiful!! I love every little bit of it! I wish we had been able to come. We were so down and out that day. I feel so bad. Glad it all turned out great. Wonderful job .. as always!

balloongal said...

I just love seeing what you do for parties. So creative.

Miranda said...

Where did you get the glass milk bottles that had the striped cookies on top? That was so cute!

Steph and Eric said...

holy smokes!!! cutest party EVER!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails