March 3, 2011

Book Review: The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks

I'm going to start adding on some book reviews to my blog.  I get a lot of requests on books to read from friends and thought if I'm writing a short review of the book on Goodreads anyway, I might as well post it here too.  Enjoy and let me know what you think of the book too.  These books posted are in no particular order, just what I happen to be reading at the time.
If you click on the book title below, it will lead you to a short synopsis of the book.

The Widow of the SouthThe Widow of the South by Robert Hicks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was surprised by how much I liked this book.  There are parts that are slow and sometimes it can be a bit hard to follow which perspective you are now reading about, but I really enjoyed the book overall.  I learned a lot more about the end of the Civil War, the South, and what it meant to be a woman during this time.  Recommend to adults, war violence and some gruesome war hospital scenes.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails