March 31, 2011

The Big Desk Reveal

 So, here it is.
To say that I am happy about it would be a huge understatement.  I've been neglecting the rest of my house because all I want to do is sit here and play on the computer.

I really like the books.  One of our future projects is some built in bookshelves on the opposite wall, so when that happens I'll probably move the books and put something else up there.

We bought this lovely file cabinet at Target and were very impressed with the quality for the price.  I spent a lot of time looking at white file cabinets online and in stores.  This was the best deal out there that we could find.  Doug put it together while the boys and I watched Tangled and it slid right under our desk....a perfect fit.  My husband is amazing.

The cord management still needs some managing.  It's been a bit of a challenge considering there is no electrical outlet on this wall.  My (amazing) husband has plans for putting one in, along with some spotlight recessed lighting complete with conveniently located light switch.  Those are more aesthetics at this point and there are some more pressing home projects that need completion...so they will have to wait a bit.

I love you desk.  Still deciding on what chair to put here....

4 comments:

The Tribe of Scott said...

Awesome! You have the magic touch, Britt!t

NatAttack said...

I can't get over how awesome this looks. The wall paint is a memory I have bookmarked in my brain. I'll get this crafty someday, I will!

Grammie Star Wars said...

Your blog is fantastic!

I always look forward to your new ideas and wow, yes your Awesome desk! You are talented.

;.)

balloongal said...

I love seeing what you are doing with your home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails