May 11, 2011

Book Review: Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

Spindle's EndSpindle's End by Robin McKinley

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I have really liked a couple of this author's books (Beauty and The Blue Sword).  A couple of others I trudged through and were glad when the last page was read.  This is the latter I'm afraid.  A retelling of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale....it was wordy and long and strange and long and a little boring....oh and LONG!  I did like the beginning of the book and it saved it from getting only one star.  It was downhill after about chapter 5 though.  Of course, a normal person would have put the book down halfway through and moved on to greener pastures.  Nope, not me.  I am a finisher.  I finish things.  It's a blessing and a curse.  Not only to I have to finish things I start, but I have an Alice in Wonderland complex which leaves me eternally curious as to the ending of a book if I do not finish.  There are only a small smattering of books I have started and never finished, and those are because they were so bad I would have rather thrown up than finished them.  This one....just a little dry heaving I guess.  So, I finished it.  It's love it or hate it with this author for me.  You have been warned.  Oh, and sorry about the TMI on the dry heaving.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails