July 8, 2012

Book Review: Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

Labyrinth (Languedoc Trilogy, #1)Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I picked this book up, not knowing anything about it.  It started off really well, I was sucked in immediately.  The last third of the book left me dissatisfied and slightly confused though. Some strong language and a couple of short sex scenes that didn't need to be in there, consider yourself warned.  The writing was excellent until the last third of the book, it's like she ran out of steam and summarized a lot of really interesting stuff for sake of time/book length.  That's what it felt like at least.  The writing in the beginning was phenomenal though, couldn't put it down.  I didn't know this was a trilogy until recently, don't know if I will continue this one despite the great storyline.

The book goes back and forth between medieval times and present day, one girl named Alais, the other Alice.  Their lives are intertwined over time and ancient texts.  How are they connected?  Alice finds some very cryptic findings in a cave, how does it connect back to Alais and her adventures?  And who is going to make sure that Alice is eliminated before she solves the mystery?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails