July 11, 2012

July 4th Strawberry Flag

We had a wonderful 4th of July.  Our friends invited us over for a swim, I brought a strawberry flag to share.  The blue strawberries are dipped in white chocolate and then rolled in sprinkles.  I also made a batch like last year too.

The boys had a great time swimming and lighting fireworks.  The highlight of the evening is when my brother threw a smoke bomb up in the air, it came down, bounced off of the curb of the sidewalk, and rolled under my leg where I was sitting with my four year old.  It happened so fast that I didn't have time to do anything else except grab my kid and stumble away.  Luckily, the four year old walked away unscathed.  The same cannot be said for my favorite maxi dress.  There are about 4 holes in all.  I think it's going to become a knee length swim coverlet now.

The burn only hurt for a few minutes, but it took a couple of good scrubbings to get the smoke stain off.  The firework attack was not done intentionally, and I harbor no ill will, BUT revenge is sweet when it comes to siblings.  I'll get him back someday, ....somehow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails